Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Time for a new start.

Hello, my name is Zac Carey. The purpose of this journal is to keep a record of my attempt at self improvement. It isn't just my body that I am going to attempt to improve but also my mind and life skills. So I have broken this down into a few areas:

  1. Body: this will actually be the easiest. I have always been "rail-thin" so it is a matter of building some muscle and endurance. Sports are to be: running, biking, swimming, canoeing/kayaking, and Aikido.
  2. Mind: this is the harder one and hopefully the physical training will help with the discipline to follow through. I need to expand my knowledge in my profession, family, and home. Profession is easy, I can read some tutorials and practice my craft with the basic tools. Family is a little harder. This one involves nutrition, time management, and working towards my ideals. Home is probably going to be the hardest of them all. It requires learning several things that just don't normally interest me. Car repair, plumbing, gardening, landscape design, drywall...... it just goes on and on. Bleh.
  3. Soul: church is there, but there is so much more to it than all that. To really embrace the soul, you must realize something: the body is in the soul. Our souls are the reflection of our actions and beliefs off the world around us. So here I come local politics, schools, and conservationists.
So there you have it. I am going to try to be the absolute best. I am going to try to live by "the courage of my convictions."

No comments: